Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Material Structure of Ideology and Politics

Due to things going on in my life I haven't posted in a really long time. I almost don't feel like I know how to do it anymore!

Also, for some reason, I haven't really felt like I've had much to say. That might mean that I am surrounding myself with too many people/viewpoints that correspond to my own. Maybe I'm even getting lazy because other people can formulate my thoughts for me.

One extraneous thing that I HAVE done is independent/amateur research on think tanks. I've been interested in seeing how the networks of different ideologies and political strategies are institutionally manifested. This is part of my long-term goal of more thoroughly dissecting the structure of power in the modern world. (Parasitically, of course. I will almost always have to rely on the work of others)

My starting point for this little project of mine was come up with a list of U.S. think tanks and then look at:

1) Individual and corporate backing
2) Membership and affilliations
3) Associated media
4) Connections to activist organizations

As I started to putting this information together, I saw that the think tanks on my list clustered into a number of groups sharing some characteristics.

My plan is to describe each group in successive posts.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment